About Me

My photo
Hi. I am a BLM student at CQ University. The purpose of this blog is to record my ideas and discoveries as I play with new technological tools that may be used in the classroom.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mind Mapping

Today I used bubbl.us.com to make a mind map of the what has been taught/learned this week at uni. I found the website very easy to use, and pretty self explanatory. The skill level needed to operate the program definitely made this tool appropriate for primary school aged children. They could use it to illustrate thought processes/processes of working/connections in learning. Now, if technology is meant to be used in the classroom to offer something that old ways of teaching can't, I cannot se how this tool facilitates MORE learning than simply using the old-school brainstorming on paper. To me, it does the same thing, but misses the appeal to kinesthetic/spatial learners. The old sticky notes still seem like a pretty good way to organise/connect/categorise information to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment