About Me

My photo
Hi. I am a BLM student at CQ University. The purpose of this blog is to record my ideas and discoveries as I play with new technological tools that may be used in the classroom.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Website

Today I made my first website using weebly.com. I can't believe all these years I thought websites were too hard for me to create!!! I had a lot of fun creating it. (www.aliboyce.weebly.com). The only thing I needed to decide was what I wanted the web site for. In the end I made a website to promote me as a teacher.

This program is easy enough for middle primary students to tackle. Websites would be a great way for students to catalogue their work throughout the year so parents and relatives could see see what they have been doing (Ie. a portfolio). It is a great way for them to promote themselves, and learn new ICT skills. 

For the teacher, I can see how this can be used as a tool to promote themselves to potential employers, as it allows the person to communicate their personality and interests more than a traditional CV can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment