About Me

My photo
Hi. I am a BLM student at CQ University. The purpose of this blog is to record my ideas and discoveries as I play with new technological tools that may be used in the classroom.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Screen Captures & Hyperlinks

Throughout my group work at University over the last few weeks, I have discovered a few incompetencies I have on the computer. 

1. I didn't know how to do a screen capture (I have always right clicked - saved - added file).
2. I had never created a hyperlink (Usually the website self-hyperlinked in documents I used).

So, today I played with these two things.

On the mac, I discovered the 'grab' tool in the applications folder and then all I had to do was click on 'capture' on the top tool bar. Easy! 

As for the hyperlink... I didn't realise it was so easy! All I had to do was click the 'link' in the tool bar. 

I then wondered, how can I make a link to a reference list? How do I hyperlink to a word document on the internet? Where does the word document live? 

There may be an easier way, but my solution was to add a hyperlink to a page on my wiki which now contains my reference list for this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment