About Me

My photo
Hi. I am a BLM student at CQ University. The purpose of this blog is to record my ideas and discoveries as I play with new technological tools that may be used in the classroom.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Uses of PowerPoint

Since beginning this journey, discussion with on-line peers have changed my views about PowerPoint. No longer do I view it just as a presentation tool for lectures. 

Here are a few things PowerPoints can be used for:

* Making Frame-by-frame Claymations
* Choose your own adventure stories
* Quizzes, with links sending users to correct answers and further explanations of a concept.
* Display of science experiment journey
* Presentation of stories and ideas, using voice overs to aid those who have low literacy skills
* Presentation after using a Wiki to develop ideas (consolidated multi-modal text)
* Displaying small books on a bigger screen for young children
* Slide-by-slide student diary 

No comments:

Post a Comment